Provide us the link, and we’ll quickly review the situation!
In The News
By U.S. Army Public AffairsFebruary 24, 2023
Secretary of the Army Christine Wormuth has issued a memorandum today that rescinds all policies associated with the DOD COVID-19 vaccination mandate. In accordance with the memorandum:
- Currently serving Soldiers will not be separated for refusing to receive the COVID vaccine if they sought an exemption on religious, administrative or medical grounds.
- Ongoing reviews of COVID vaccine exemption requests have ceased and will be deemed resolved.
- Records of Soldiers who requested COVID vaccine exemptions will be updated to remove and/or correct any adverse actions associated with denials of such requests, as well as any flags associated with those adverse actions.
- Reenforces that Covid vaccinations are no longer required for accessions or pre-commissioning programs.
- Reenforces that official Army travel restrictions based solely on COVID vaccination status have been removed (however, other policies such as combatant-command and theater-specific entry requirements will remain in effect).
- Former Soldiers may petition the Army Discharge Review Board and the Army Board for Correction of Military Records to request corrections to their records.
West Point class of ’50
Nov 9 (Reuters) – Former U.S. astronaut Frank Borman, who made history by commanding the first manned flight to circle the moon and later piloted Eastern Airlines as chairman in severe economic turbulence, has died at the age of 95, NASA said on Thursday.
Borman, who spent a total of almost 20 days in space on two trips in the 1960s, died on Tuesday in Billings, Montana, NASA said in a statement on its website.
Bob Knight, the Hall of Fame basketball coach who won three national titles at Indiana and coached through several controversial moments, passed away on Wednesday. In poor health the past few years, the beloved coach was 83 years old.
— Bob Knight began his illustrious coaching career at West Point at the age of 24 and went on to become one of the most storied names in the annals of college basketball. Knight authored a 102-50 record during his six seasons (1965-72) at West Point and guided the Black Knights to four trips to the National Invitational Tournament (NIT) (1966, 1968, 1969, 1970).
Cease work! WP-ORG reaches fundraising goal for FD54
We’re thrilled to announce that, through your generosity, West-Point.ORG (WP-ORG) has reached its fundraising goal for FD 54!
Thanks yet again to the WP-ORG community for supporting us through your donations of both money and time. We could not do this without you.
This marks 27 straight years of successful fundraising campaigns that have enabled WP-ORG to continue. We are as committed now as we were back then to our mission of providing “an online communications infrastructure that enables graduates, parents, and friends of the military academy to maintain and strengthen the associations that bind us together. We will provide this community any requested support, consistent with this purpose, as quickly and efficiently as possible.”
Thank you for making FD54 a success.
Warren Hearnes ’89
for WP-ORG Advisors
List of Lists on WP-ORG
The following is a list of all present and past listserves on WP-ORG.