Moderator Listserv Information
The moderator listserv is used by the moderators of listservs serviced by WP-ORG.
This list is available to list owners only. It is established as a means for the owner/moderator of the various lists in WP-ORG to communicate and exchange ideas, plan for events, and discuss issues concerning the maintenance and development of WP-ORG. Each listserv has an accompanying web page.
Each moderator follows these simple by-laws:
- Be a point of contact for a given list.
- Be a chairperson of a list — that means, accountable for the conduct of members.
- Be a keeper of the membership list — that is, approve or deny membership and keep the membership addresses prestine.
- Be a mentor to a new moderator.
For information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the veteran users will respond to you (if not several).
If you aspire to become a moderator, please contact email@example.com. We are always looking for someone to sponsor listservs or homepages for the following groups:
- USMA Classes
- West Point Parents
- West Point Societies
- Academy Clubs
- Local Networking Groups
A new moderator will receive the following by e-mail:
- The listserv name
- listserv passwd
- listserv Owners
- URL for the web page associated with the listserv
- FTP access
- Owner Username/Passwd
- Name and email of your moderator mentor
Note that many of these pages require the username and password of the specific moderator in order to access them:
- Moderator Tutorial or write to Moderator Training for self-paced admin course.
- Admin Tools
- Registry & Cullum Numbers
- Change Your Password
- List Archives [Search]
- Listservice Directory
- Listservice Message Count