Army comes back to Atlanta to play Georgia State in 2021.
The WPSA Army/GSU Tailgate on September 4th is completely sold out. The venue is currently at capacity.
We thank our members for their support and for their interest. Looking forward to kicking off the season with an Army win!
Updated August 18 2021
- Masks are now required by the venue unless you’re actively eating or drinking.
- The event will be spread across indoor/outdoor patio sections with seats available a first-come, first-served basis.
- For those outdoors, note that there is no overhead cover, and this is a rain-or-shine, no refunds event, so please be prepared for any inclement weather if you wind up seated outside.
- Finally, we are capping attendance at 325 guests. We have currently sold close to 250 tickets, so ensure you purchase before we run out of space!
Pre-Game Event – WPSA is holding an indoor tailgate to kick off Army’s 2021 season!
WPSA will be buying out Wood’s Chapel BBQ, which is roughly 5 minutes walking distance to the stadium, to hold a pre-game event on game day. This will be in lieu of a traditional outdoor tailgate. This will be an indoor and outdoor venue.
Limited capacity – buy today before prices increase & tickets sell out!
• Wood’s Chapel BBQ (85 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312; Phone: 404-522-3000)
• Less than a five minute walk from the stadium! (Directions here – open in browser)
• The event will be primarily held in an outdoor patio about 5 minutes away from GSU stadium. There is no overhead cover, so please dress accordingly for inclement weather!
Wood’s Chapel will offer a breakfast menu consisting of the following:
- Scrambled Eggs
- Applewood Smoked Bacon
- House-made breakfast sausage
- Skillet potatoes
- Cheese Grits
- Fruit Platter
- Southern Style Biscuits and Gravy
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages (Coffee, OJ, Sweet/Unsweet tea, Soft drinks)
- Cash bar for alcoholic beverages.
• Doors open September 4th at 9:30 AM; close at kickoff (12PM)
Indoor tailgate tickets
• Tickets available for purchase from WPSA at this link
• General Admission Price: $45 // Children 6-12: $25 // Children Under 6: Free
For those wondering why we aren’t able to hold an outdoor event like we did in 2019, GSU is not able to provide space for a tailgate due to heavy construction around the stadium, which is severely limiting parking lot availability. WPSA also explored the possibility of holding a tailgate elsewhere in Atlanta, however this was not feasible due to both cost and time prohibitive permitting requirements from the City of Atlanta, which were further exacerbated by COVID-19 limitations.
Note: If you were planning to hold an independent tailgate this year, we strongly recommend that you contact GSU to see if your event is feasible given the space limitations that exist around the stadium.
- Game tickets will be available for purchase from GSU on Monday, August 16th. They will be priced at $45/each and can be purchased directly from GSU’s website
- Parking Tickets will be priced at $20 per space in the Orange Lot. WPSA will send out a link to membership that allows guests to purchase directly from GSU.
Thanks for your patience this year. We are looking forward to seeing you at Wood’s Chapel and kicking off the season with an Army win!
West Point Society of Atlanta Board of Governors
Updated on August 18, 2021