GA Southern vs Army Southside Watch Party

We had five people show up to watch the Tulane-Army beat down. Not bad considering the late scheduling of the game on ESPN2.

This week Army hosts GA Southern. A little info on this team: GA Southern is 6-2 with only two close losses were to Coastal Carolina and the University of Louisiana, both of which are currently in the top 25. One would think GA Southern would be favored, but ESPN has Army at a 71 % chance of a victory and favored by 4 points. It should be noted that ESPN has been correct on all eight of Army’s games to date.

WHAT: Southside Watch Party for the GA Southern vs Army football game

WHEN: 1200 hrs, 21 November

WHERE: Y-Knots Sports Bar and Grill, Peachtree City, GA

For those unable to attend, the game is airing on CBSSN.

Looking forward to seeing one and all,

Jack F. Smith ’81
El Capitan
Southside Gathering

Southside Army vs Mercer Football watch party

Army hosts Mercer this Saturday and we of the Southside Gathering, just like the knights of the round table, will come together to watch Army fulfill the prophecy of a 97% chance of victory (according to ESPN).
Last week we had 9 brave Knights show up to watch Army hand the Roadrunners a 28-16 defeat.
Here are the particulars…pay attention to the game time, it has changed from the original schedule:

What:  Mercer vs Army Football Watch Party
When:  1200 hours, 24 October 2020
Where:  Y-Knots Sports Bar and Grill, Peachtree City, GA…Upstairs/Downstairs??? figure it out Recondo, improvise and adapt
Why:  This victory makes Army Bowl eligible.  Oh! wait!  This year since some conferences are playing only 6 games total, there is no minimum number of victories to be bowl eligible. ULM and MTSU still have a chance at a bowl game.
There are no wardrobe challenges.  I suspect the downturn in attendance directly correlates to the pressure of competition so we will let everyone be a winner when it comes to one’s attire.  Can you say participation trophy anxiety.
Look forward to seeing one and all,
Jack F. Smith ’81
El Capitan
Southside Gathering

Army vs UTSA football watch party – Southside

We had 17 people show up to watch Army’s win over a Citadel team that refused to go way. A good win but Army will have to get better if we are to win five of the next six games we are favored to win according to ESPN.

This week Army takes on the University of Texas. No, not the Long Horn variety, the San Antonio Roadrunner variety.

The Southside Gathering will once again rally together for the watch party in accordance with the following particulars:

What: Army travels to San Antonia with a predicted 66% chance of victory (down 14% after our performance against the Citadel)
When: Saturday, 17 October, starting promptly at 1330 hrs
Where: T-Knots Sports Bar and Grill, Peachtree City, GA

Wardrobe challenge this week: Any hat with yearling, cow, and/or first class brass affixed

Jack F. Smith ’81
El Capitan
Southside Gathering

Citadel vs Army Football Watch party

Army dropped 54 on ABL Christian last week and we had 15 people show up to sing multiple renditions of “On Brave Ole Army Team”.

This week the Black Knights host the Citadel. ESPN gives Army only a 98% chance of being victorious. So we need to show up and cheer Army West Point to ensure the 2% never happens. The watch party is on given the following particulars:

What: Army vs Citadel watch party
When: Saturday, 10 Oct, starting promptly at 1330 hrs
Where: Y-Knots Sports Bar and Grill, Peachtree City, Ga…upstairs
Why: Covid-19 sucks but Army football does not

This weeks wardrobe challenge is to wear your favorite “Boonie” hat.

Jack F. Smith ’81
El Capitan
Southside Gathering

Army vs. Bearcats Southside football watch party

Salutations and other such pleasantries,
It has been two weeks since our last Southside Gathering of 15 people came to watch Army march up and down the fabled gridiron.  The time has drawn nigh to watch a top 25 show down between the Black Knights and the Cincinnati  Bearcats.  Here are the particulars:
WHO:  You and everyone you know
WHAT:  Army football watch party
WHEN:  Saturday, 26 Sept, starting promptly at 1530 hrs
WHERE: Y-Knots Sports Bar and Grill, Peachtree City, GA
GA Tech plays at 1200 and the GA Bulldogs play at 1600, so we will most likely be downstairs.
The good news is the farmers market we have disbanded so parking will be plentiful.
See ya Saturday and wear your favorite hat.
Jack F. Smith ’81
El Capitan
Southside Gathering