The young men and women who are selected and choose to attend West Point will undergo an experience unlike those of young adults going to a public or private college or university. The years include a very rugged and stressful training program, academically, physically, and emotionally as they are trained to be leaders of our armed forces.
As parents of these future leaders, you will face unique challenges. The West Point Parents Club of North Carolina offers a valuable opportunity for mutual support, fellowship and access to useful information about the Academy and the cadet life. North Carolina is well represented at West Point with 100 (plus or minus) cadets at any given time, and we are proud to have a high percent of NC cadet and grad families in our membership.
How To Join
To use the secure website for member registration and dues (both new members and existing members), go to:
If you prefer to use a paper form, PRINT the membership form here and mail it along with your membership dues to:
WPPC of North Carolina
4339A Pleasant Garden Rd
Greensboro, NC 27406
For questions about membership, please email membership coordinator Sonya.
- Your one-time payment of $200 covers a lifetime membership in the West Point Parents Club of North Carolina.
Benefits of Membership During your cadet’s 47-month journey, your cadet and family benefits include:
- Cadets attend free at the annual Hail & Farewell luncheon. ($25 value)
- Postage for Boodle Box (care package) is covered twice during Plebe (Freshmen) Year. ($30 value)
- Firstie (senior) gift – desk name plaque. ($80 value)
- Official West Point Parents Club of NC personalized parent identification badge(s). ($16 each)
Your membership dues are also used to support:
- Receptions and tailgates hosted by the Club. (i.e. Army-Navy Game)
- Hospitality for West Point teams and clubs visiting/competing in North Carolina.
- Annual All Academies Ball for the State of North Carolina.
- Costs of events and activities that benefit and mentor the parents.
Family Fellowship & Networking Opportunities:
- If desired, assignment of a mentor family.
- Camaraderie and information exchange on the state and local level.
Follow us on Facebook:
- West Point Parent Club of North Carolina.
- Maintenance of the WPPC-NC listserv and website
- Annual WPPC-NC club contribution to the maintenance of the WP-ORG parent organization.
Your one-time payment of $200 covers a lifetime membership in the West Point Parents Club of North Carolina.
We know that you may have concerns or questions about investing $200 in a membership. Are the benefits worth it? Will my child make it through Beast? Plebe year?
We understand and have established a flexible refund policy to make the commitment a little easier. Membership refunds are available upon request when a cadet separates from West Point. The refunded amount is based on when the separation occurs:
Beast: Full refund
Plebe year: $150 refund
Yuk year: $100 refund
Cow/Firstie year: $0 refund
Membership is reviewed annually, generally between R Day and A Day.
In the spring, as we are notified of cadet candidates, we offer their families a complimentary subscription to the WPPC-NC listserv until A Day.
During the summer, we review membership status, including recent grads, rising plebes, and everyone in between. Our zone VPs reach out to the folks in their area to get updated information for our database. This is a great time to share ideas on improving our organization, to volunteer for officer or other club activities, or just to talk about cadet activities.
On or around A Day, we update the listserv to include only members and invited advisors.
Identify yourself at all functions as a proud parent of a NC USMA Cadet by wearing a WPPC-NC Name Tag.
Update Contact Information:
Has your email address changed? Have you moved? Do you have a different preferred phone number? If any contact information about you or your cadet has changed, please let us know.
For changes, please email membership coordinator Sonya.