May 8, 2023 Update
The ARMY NAVY FOOTBALL FOOTBALL GAME for 2023 is to be played at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts on 9 December, 2023.
The Hampton Inn Providence Downtown is the venue for our USMA 1965 Army Navy Activities
Our objective is to let all classmates who want to join USMA 1965 the opportunity to gather in one hotel for the weekend.
The Army Navy game is a big event for the local Hotels and demand is high.
If you are going to the game and need a hotel the guidelines below are for your consideration.
USMA 1965 ARMY NAVY Activities Planning Guidelines:
- Hampton Inn Providence Downtown is located at 58 Weybosset Street, Providence, RI.
- Reservation phone number is 401-608-5800 or book on line
- This hotel is 0.4 miles from the AMTRAK RR Station.
- Special trains to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough will be available. Est. $20/person (MBTA is website)
- Hotel is 25 miles to the Gillette Stadium if you consider driving.
- Hotel has shuttles to the train station in addition to taxis, Uber or a 10 minute walk.
- Hotel also has a shuttle to T.F. Green Airport for $15/person
- The quoted Hotel cost is $319/night plus tax and parking cost of $32/day parking. These are competitive rates!
- Checking some of the websites like Trip Advisor, Booking, Expedia has some different rates but in the same OOM.
- Remember to check if booking through Experian, et al. may result in a non-refundable reservation.
- Included is a full Hot breakfast served daily from 7:00-10:00 PM
- There are no group rates or block rooms. Reservations should be made now! and held by CC.
- A hospitality suite is available and will be reserved for $300 for our activities. It is located on the 11th Floor of the hotel with views of the city. See attached.
- An outside caterer will provide a buffet dinner in the Hospitality Suite for around $50/person
- See attached for to be filled out and forwarded to Fred Smith for the necessary planning.