We’re back with a West Point Social Hour + Guest Speaker! Meet fellow grads and guest speaker, Jim Lindenmayer ’80, on Thursday, 21 SEP 2017, from 6-8pm. Light appetizers and adult beverages provided. Please donate $10 to the Society to cover costs for this event and RSVP online at https://secure.west-point.org/wpsa/events/socialhour.mhtml
Come to the 5th floor of Shared Space Atlanta at 4470 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30338.
The WPSA Fall Family Picnic will be held on Saturday, October 28th, 11:00 am until 4:00 pm with lunch being served around 1:00 pm. The picnic will be held at the farm (Groaning Rock Farm) of Bette Rose and Mike Bowers, ’63, near Commerce, GA. If you haven’t been to one of these picnics before, come! It’s worth the trip!
Bring your spouse, bring your kids, bring your friends. The Bowers have a really cool farm with real animals and a big field to play in and a log cabin that’s more like a log castle that’s full of more West Point memories than you can imagine!
Come see, come eat great food, come fellowship, come just to relax a little. Too far away you say? It’s an easy drive and the countryside is beautiful in Jackson County. Come to the country! It’s not too far!
- Dues Paying Members/guests: $20 per adult
- All others: $25 per adult
- All children 17 and under: $10.
Please RSVP not later than Friday, October 20, 2017.
- By credit or debit card via our secure online payment site.
- If you would like to pay by check, please mail to WPSA, PO Box 492511, Atlanta, GA 30349-2511. Please indicate the number of adults and children 17 or under in your check memo. Check must arrive NLT October 20, 2017.
Directions from Atlanta:
- Take I-85 to exit 149 (Banks Crossing/Tanger Outlet).
- Go towards Athens/Commerce on US 441 about 5 miles to Hwy 98.
- Turn left at red light onto Hwy 98 towards Ila / Danielsville.
- Go 1.9 miles to Sandy Creek Rd, turn right.
- Go 1.9 mi & turn left on gravel driveway @ 1989 Sandy Creek Road. (Just southeast of the creek, Sandy Creek. Google maps will show the address too far south on Sandy Creek Rd.)
- Look for balloons.
The West Point Society of Atlanta (WPSA) encourages grads in the Atlanta area to connect through various events during the year. If you’re interested in finding out more, we have the following channels for communication:
You may join as either a Regular Member or Honorary Member. Please contact Jan Heath (email above) for more details.