Our simple rules:
1. No advertising of any non-cadet related material, other than books on military topics. That includes naming products or businesses. However, URL's for products or business may be posted. Rather than mention the product or business by name, insert the URL link to the product/business website.
2. No forwarding of e-mail (to or from the list) without permission of the author. Violation of this rule may result in immediate removal from the list. Furthermore, no member will post a message to the list for suspended members.
3. No harvesting email addresses from the list.
4. No discussion on the right/wrong of WP-ORG, the Army, the West Point Administration, or any decisions, policies and/or rulings made by those entities/organizations or of the actions, policies or decisions of the military chain of command, up to and including the Commander-In-Chief. Furthermore, no discussion of the Administrative policy of any other list.
5. This is a West Point parents' list. Please be sure when you post it has something to do with West Point, your cadet, or the military. Furthermore, as a PARENT list, cadets may not read forum news nor post to the list.
6. This is a place to ask questions and learn from the experience of other West Point parents. It is not, however, the place to air the complaints from your cadets about life at West Point.
7. Mentioning your cadet by name on our lists could lead to *others* being able to identify them. One should refrain from being specific or naming names. At NO time will any member list the name, company, or any other identifying information of a cadet.
8. No flaming of other list members. Period. We can share differing opinions without getting rude, sarcastic or mean. Remember that the written word lasts forever.
9. Under no circumstances will profane language be tolerated.
10. No calls to action. (Ie... "write to the President" ). Every member is entitled to their own religious and political beliefs. However, this forum is not the proper place for discussions on religion or politics.
11. All members must maintain current, up-to-date anti-virus software on their computers and must update their virus definitions and anti-virus protections on a weekly basis. For reference, see http://www.west-point.org/antivirus.html.
12. Please DO NOT put anything under your names, such as catch phrases, (Proud ' 09 Mom ) references to poems or psalms, or business addresses and/or information. The only tag line permitted is that which is posted automatically on each message sent to the list that includes your subscription information. Additionally, if you have a standard signature block on your email program which contains business information, including the "confidentiality - for use by intended recipient only" verbiage so common, please delete it before you send your message.
Additionally, if you have a standard signature block on your email program which contains business information, including the "confidentiality - for use by intended recipient only" verbiage so common, please delete it before you send your message. We ask this for two simple reasons: all this verbiage creates bandwidth and unnecessarily clogs the archives and if there is a note sent from a member to a moderator, we need to be able to share that information with our fellow moderators in order to act upon it.
13. No complaints about "TECHNOLITTER". If the volume is too high for you... find the delete button! Don't forget, we also offer a "Digest" version (ten emails grouped together newsletter fashion). You may not receive all the emails "live time" but may find the volume more suitable to your liking.
We trust that all members will abide by the spirit as well as the letter of these rules, and help maintain the integrity of our lists. If violations occur, however, they may result in member suspension or removal.
****To send a message to everyone on the list, address your message to:
****To send a message privately to the moderators, address your message to:
****Always include a subject line in your message.
****When replying to a posted message, it is best to simply start a new message rather than use "reply". When using "reply", please delete the previous message and all headers/footers. The listserv software does not permit message "threads". You may include a snippet from a previously posted message, i.e., "A member asked about shuttle buses on Plebe Parent Weekend ".
Reflects changes as of 06/19/08