WP-ORG prides itself on using the expertise of our numerous volunteers, as well as our paid employees and consultants, to create solutions for the our community of USMA graduates, parents of USMA cadets and USNA midshipmen, and affinity groups that we support. Over the years, we have added capabilities as needed. The following highlights some of the things that are available. If you have any questions, please contact Dian Welle.
Our goal is to help connect our community. Many of the services we provide have come from ideas passed on by graduates or parents. If you have an idea for a new service to graduates or parents that we may be able to provide through the volunteer programmers at WP-ORG, please let us know!
Here are a few of the services provided for free to all USMA graduates. More details can be found in the Grad Services write-up.
- Free full-service POP e-mail account with webmail access
- Free personal web page
- Graduate Living History Project
- Free web hosting and e-mail listserver for USMA classes, West Point Societies, Corps/Club Squad Athletics Alumni, and other groups approved by the WP-ORG Board of Advisors.
- Reunion web sites for dynamic content (e.g., stories, web forums)
- Credit card processing for reunions, society events, and other fund-raisers (subject to a 5% transaction fee)
- Eulogy pages for remembering deceased graduates
- If you need unlimited bandwidth, email addresses, or domains then we recommend the commercial web host Bluehost.
For Parents of Cadets and Midshipmen
Here are a few of the services provided to help inform parents of cadets and midshipmen about academy life and events. More details can be found in the Parent Services write-up.
- Numerous USMA parent lists: wpp-net, plebe-net, parent-forum, wpp-grad, and prospective-net all are excellent sources of information for parents of cadets.
- Several USNA parent lists: usna-parents and usna-plebe-parents are wonderful sources of information for parents of midshipmen.