Want This Page Wider?
Use the A+, A-, R, and <> or <-> buttons at the top right of this page to make the fonts bigger and smaller or switch between a fixed-width and fluid-width style to this web site.
In an effort to control spam, WP-ORG has implemented several blacklists that may be blocking your e-mail to a WP-ORG list or account. Click here
to fill out a trouble ticket.
How Can I Help WP-ORG?
- Donate to one of WP-ORG's semi-annual fund drives.
- Buy anything at Amazon.com through our Gradstore affilate program.
- Support our paid advertisers listed at our affiliates page.
- Send a message to
to inquire about advertising rates on WP-ORG.
Fund Drive 41 is underway! Please help WP-ORG through a voluntary donation to the current fund drive.
As of now, 935 donations have been made, raising $57326.56 towards our goal of $95352.
12 Military Awards Eligible For New 'C' and 'R' Devices
The Pentagon has quietly implemented a series of changes to its awards policy for troops involved in combat, establishing new criteria for recognizing contributions both on and off the battlefield.
Commanders may now recommend their troops for 12 types of awards affixed with new "C" or "R" devices, products of an internal review focused on honoring drone operators, cyber warfare specialists and others who use emerging technology to influence the battlefield in unconventional ways. The former, which stands for "combat," signifies meritorious performance "under combat conditions" while the latter, which stands for "remote," is reserved for those “not directly exposed to hostile action or significant risk."
Equally noteworthy, the Pentagon's guidance establishes new eligibility rules for awarding medals with the coveted "V" device intended to recognize valorous combat actions taken at great risk and under duress. Service specific Achievement Medals are no longer eligible for a "V," only a "C" or "R," a decision some may call controversial. That's true now, too, for the Legion of Merit, heretofore awarded with a "V" only by the Navy and Marine Corps. However, each of the services is clear to award the Distinguished Flying Cross with "V," as the Air Force has since for heroism dating to the Korean War.
Recent Fallen Grads
- COL Robert E. Lindquist USA (Retired), USMA1958: 21 Nov 1935 - 22 Apr 2017
- COL George C. McDowell USAF (Retired), USMA1937: 27 Aug 1913 - 22 Apr 2017
- LTC Harry N. White USA (Retired), USMA1960: 17 Aug 1938 - 21 Apr 2017
- Mr. Randall C. Robertson, USMA1975: 16 Jun 1953 - 21 Apr 2017
- COL Selwyn P. Rogers Jr USA (Retired), USMA1946: 11 Dec 1925 - 19 Apr 2017
- Mr. James A. Hubbard, USMA1977: 01 Jun 1954 - 17 Apr 2017
- COL Lou E. Bretzke USA (Retired), USMA1951: 06 Mar 1927 - 15 Apr 2017
- LTC James H. Harris USA (Retired), USMA1953: 03 Feb 1928 - 15 Apr 2017
- COL John C. Stratis USA (Retired), USMA1980: 28 Apr 1958 - 14 Apr 2017
- MAJ John A. Harrison USA (Retired), USMA1979: 06 Feb 1956 - 13 Apr 2017
- Mr. James P. Ryan, USMA1964: 14 Jun 1941 - 11 Apr 2017
- COL Michael P. Breithaupt USA (Retired), USMA1971: 11 Jun 1949 - 10 Apr 2017
- LTC Rupert W. Jernigan USA (Retired), USMA1945: 27 Jan 1923 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. John T. Goorley, USMA1963: 09 Aug 1940 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. Robert L. Dean Jr., USMA1953: 13 Oct 1929 - 09 Apr 2017
- LTC Benjamin L. Willis USA (Retired), USMA1961: 12 Jun 1938 - 09 Apr 2017
- Dr. Tom J. Vaughn Jr., USMA1963: 30 Mar 1941 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. John K. Houssels Jr., USMA1945: 11 Dec 1922 - 09 Apr 2017
- MG Darrie H. Richards USA (Retired), USMA1943JAN: 31 May 1921 - 08 Apr 2017
- Mr. Joal L.R. Davis, USMA1960: 26 Jun 1936 - 08 Apr 2017
- COL Bartley W. Furey USA (Retired), USMA1960: 03 Nov 1937 - 07 Apr 2017
- Honorable Ross W. Campbell Jr., USMA1945: 14 Feb 1923 - 06 Apr 2017
- COL John R. McLean USA (Retired), USMA1940: 06 Jan 1918 - 05 Apr 2017
- Mr. John J. Buckley Jr., USMA1948: 06 May 1925 - 01 Apr 2017
- Mr. Charles Decko Jr., USMA1960: 12 May 1937 - 31 Mar 2017
- COL Edward W. Samuell Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1944: 01 Aug 1923 - 30 Mar 2017
- LTC Benjamin R. Wilkerson USA (Retired), USMA1962: 09 Sep 1937 - 30 Mar 2017
- COL Roland R. Sullivan USA (Retired), USMA1953: 03 Apr 1929 - 30 Mar 2017
- Mr. Aaron N. Silver Jr., USMA1988: 13 Jan 1965 - 28 Mar 2017
- Cary Lynn Blood, USMA1989: 05 Dec 1963 - 28 Mar 2017