Want This Page Wider?
Use the A+, A-, R, and <> or <-> buttons at the top right of this page to make the fonts bigger and smaller or switch between a fixed-width and fluid-width style to this web site.
In an effort to control spam, WP-ORG has implemented several blacklists that may be blocking your e-mail to a WP-ORG list or account. Click here
to fill out a trouble ticket.
How Can I Help WP-ORG?
- Donate to one of WP-ORG's semi-annual fund drives.
- Buy anything at Amazon.com through our Gradstore affilate program.
- Support our paid advertisers listed at our affiliates page.
- Send a message to
to inquire about advertising rates on WP-ORG.
Fund Drive 41 is underway! Please help WP-ORG through a voluntary donation to the current fund drive.
As of now, 935 donations have been made, raising $57326.56 towards our goal of $95352.
The Army's new combat helmet Up to 24 Percent Lighter
Soldiers will soon be wearing a helmet that’s up to 24 percent lighter than the current 15-year-old model, according to the Army.
The Advanced Combat Helmet Generation II looks the same as the legacy ACH, but the new helmet is made from polyethylene instead of Kevlar, PEO Soldier experts told reporters during a media roundtable Thursday at Fort Belvoir in Virginia.
“The goal is to achieve a lighter-weight helmet with equal to or greater protection [than the legacy ACH],” said Maj. Brandon Motte, assistant project manager at Soldier Protective Equipment.
An extra-large legacy helmet weighs 3.88 pounds, he said, but an extra-large Gen II helmet weighs 2.94 pounds, which equals a 24 percent reduction in weight. The small and medium helmets see a 21 percent reduction in weight.
Recent Fallen Grads
- COL Robert E. Lindquist USA (Retired), USMA1958: 21 Nov 1935 - 22 Apr 2017
- COL George C. McDowell USAF (Retired), USMA1937: 27 Aug 1913 - 22 Apr 2017
- LTC Harry N. White USA (Retired), USMA1960: 17 Aug 1938 - 21 Apr 2017
- Mr. Randall C. Robertson, USMA1975: 16 Jun 1953 - 21 Apr 2017
- COL Selwyn P. Rogers Jr USA (Retired), USMA1946: 11 Dec 1925 - 19 Apr 2017
- Mr. James A. Hubbard, USMA1977: 01 Jun 1954 - 17 Apr 2017
- COL Lou E. Bretzke USA (Retired), USMA1951: 06 Mar 1927 - 15 Apr 2017
- LTC James H. Harris USA (Retired), USMA1953: 03 Feb 1928 - 15 Apr 2017
- COL John C. Stratis USA (Retired), USMA1980: 28 Apr 1958 - 14 Apr 2017
- MAJ John A. Harrison USA (Retired), USMA1979: 06 Feb 1956 - 13 Apr 2017
- Mr. James P. Ryan, USMA1964: 14 Jun 1941 - 11 Apr 2017
- COL Michael P. Breithaupt USA (Retired), USMA1971: 11 Jun 1949 - 10 Apr 2017
- LTC Rupert W. Jernigan USA (Retired), USMA1945: 27 Jan 1923 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. John T. Goorley, USMA1963: 09 Aug 1940 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. Robert L. Dean Jr., USMA1953: 13 Oct 1929 - 09 Apr 2017
- LTC Benjamin L. Willis USA (Retired), USMA1961: 12 Jun 1938 - 09 Apr 2017
- Dr. Tom J. Vaughn Jr., USMA1963: 30 Mar 1941 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. John K. Houssels Jr., USMA1945: 11 Dec 1922 - 09 Apr 2017
- MG Darrie H. Richards USA (Retired), USMA1943JAN: 31 May 1921 - 08 Apr 2017
- Mr. Joal L.R. Davis, USMA1960: 26 Jun 1936 - 08 Apr 2017
- COL Bartley W. Furey USA (Retired), USMA1960: 03 Nov 1937 - 07 Apr 2017
- Honorable Ross W. Campbell Jr., USMA1945: 14 Feb 1923 - 06 Apr 2017
- COL John R. McLean USA (Retired), USMA1940: 06 Jan 1918 - 05 Apr 2017
- Mr. John J. Buckley Jr., USMA1948: 06 May 1925 - 01 Apr 2017
- Mr. Charles Decko Jr., USMA1960: 12 May 1937 - 31 Mar 2017
- COL Edward W. Samuell Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1944: 01 Aug 1923 - 30 Mar 2017
- LTC Benjamin R. Wilkerson USA (Retired), USMA1962: 09 Sep 1937 - 30 Mar 2017
- COL Roland R. Sullivan USA (Retired), USMA1953: 03 Apr 1929 - 30 Mar 2017
- Mr. Aaron N. Silver Jr., USMA1988: 13 Jan 1965 - 28 Mar 2017
- Cary Lynn Blood, USMA1989: 05 Dec 1963 - 28 Mar 2017