Want This Page Wider?
Use the A+, A-, R, and <> or <-> buttons at the top right of this page to make the fonts bigger and smaller or switch between a fixed-width and fluid-width style to this web site.
In an effort to control spam, WP-ORG has implemented several blacklists that may be blocking your e-mail to a WP-ORG list or account. Click here
to fill out a trouble ticket.
How Can I Help WP-ORG?
- Donate to one of WP-ORG's semi-annual fund drives.
- Buy anything at Amazon.com through our Gradstore affilate program.
- Support our paid advertisers listed at our affiliates page.
- Send a message to
to inquire about advertising rates on WP-ORG.
Fund Drive 41 is underway! Please help WP-ORG through a voluntary donation to the current fund drive.
As of now, 857 donations have been made, raising $53010.49 towards our goal of $95352.
U.S. Backing Turkish Military Units Battling ISIS
American warplanes and combat advisers are once again backing Turkish military units battling Islamic State fighters in northern Syria, the most tangible indication yet that months of tension between the NATO allies may be easing.
Four airstrikes, occurring Tuesday near the town of al Bab, hit Islamic State construction equipment and tactical vehicles, including an armored personnel carrier, said Air Force Col. John Dorrian, a spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition based in Baghdad. Dorrian indicated the mission, developed with Turkish commanders, most likely was enabled by American ground troops working nearby.
"One of the things that we very much prize is to have boots on the ground operating in proximity to, or directly with, our partner forces. That's the preferred alternative," Dorrian said, when asked whether airstrikes conducted in support of Turkey require spotting by American air controllers who can see the desired targets. "And that is one of the reasons why we have to be very careful, especially on a very crowded and complex battlefield with a lot of different actors to make sure that we're hitting the targets that we intend to hit."
Recent Fallen Grads
- Mr. James A. Hubbard, USMA1977: 01 Jun 1954 - 17 Apr 2017
- COL Lou E. Bretzke USA (Retired), USMA1951: 06 Mar 1927 - 15 Apr 2017
- COL John C. Stratis USA (Retired), USMA1980: 28 Apr 1958 - 14 Apr 2017
- MAJ John A. Harrison USA (Retired), USMA1979: 06 Feb 1956 - 13 Apr 2017
- Mr. James P. Ryan, USMA1964: 14 Jun 1941 - 11 Apr 2017
- COL Michael P. Breithaupt USA (Retired), USMA1971: 11 Jun 1949 - 10 Apr 2017
- LTC Rupert W. Jernigan USA (Retired), USMA1945: 27 Jan 1923 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. John T. Goorley, USMA1963: 09 Aug 1940 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. Robert L. Dean Jr., USMA1953: 13 Oct 1929 - 09 Apr 2017
- LTC Benjamin L. Willis USA (Retired), USMA1961: 12 Jun 1938 - 09 Apr 2017
- Dr. Tom J. Vaughn Jr., USMA1963: 30 Mar 1941 - 09 Apr 2017
- Mr. John K. Houssels Jr., USMA1945: 11 Dec 1922 - 09 Apr 2017
- MG Darrie H. Richards USA (Retired), USMA1943JAN: 31 May 1921 - 08 Apr 2017
- Mr. Joal L.R. Davis, USMA1960: 26 Jun 1936 - 08 Apr 2017
- COL Bartley W. Furey USA (Retired), USMA1960: 03 Nov 1937 - 07 Apr 2017
- Honorable Ross W. Campbell Jr., USMA1945: 14 Feb 1923 - 06 Apr 2017
- COL John R. McLean USA (Retired), USMA1940: 06 Jan 1918 - 05 Apr 2017
- Mr. John J. Buckley Jr., USMA1948: 06 May 1925 - 01 Apr 2017
- Mr. Charles Decko Jr., USMA1960: 12 May 1937 - 31 Mar 2017
- COL Edward W. Samuell Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1944: 01 Aug 1923 - 30 Mar 2017
- LTC Benjamin R. Wilkerson USA (Retired), USMA1962: 09 Sep 1937 - 30 Mar 2017
- COL Roland R. Sullivan USA (Retired), USMA1953: 03 Apr 1929 - 30 Mar 2017
- Mr. Aaron N. Silver Jr., USMA1988: 13 Jan 1965 - 28 Mar 2017
- Cary Lynn Blood, USMA1989: 05 Dec 1963 - 28 Mar 2017
- COL Edward B. Mucho USAF (Retired), USMA1961: 21 Mar 1939 - 27 Mar 2017
- LTC John N. McCarthy USAF (Retired), USMA1949: 11 Aug 1925 - 24 Mar 2017
- Mr. Billy F. Mathews, USMA1958: 23 Jan 1936 - 23 Mar 2017
- COL Jarold L. Hutchison USA (Retired), USMA1956: 26 Jun 1934 - 23 Mar 2017
- LTC Arthur L. MacKusick Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1957: 29 Oct 1935 - 22 Mar 2017
- Dr. James P. Wade Jr., USMA1953: 26 Dec 1930 - 21 Mar 2017