Want This Page Wider?
Use the A+, A-, R, and <> or <-> buttons at the top right of this page to make the fonts bigger and smaller or switch between a fixed-width and fluid-width style to this web site.
In an effort to control spam, WP-ORG has implemented several blacklists that may be blocking your e-mail to a WP-ORG list or account. Click here
to fill out a trouble ticket.
How Can I Help WP-ORG?
- Donate to one of WP-ORG's semi-annual fund drives.
- Buy anything at Amazon.com through our Gradstore affilate program.
- Support our paid advertisers listed at our affiliates page.
- Send a message to
to inquire about advertising rates on WP-ORG.
Army modernization efforts of 2016
WASHINGTON (Army News Service) -- Supporting the fight around the globe means providing Soldiers with the most advanced technology available.
The right technology can ensure overmatch against future adversaries in an increasingly complex and dangerous world, where the threat is often "elusive and ambiguous," according to Army Vice Chief of Staff Gen. Daniel B. Allyn, speaking at an industry event in Michigan, Oct. 27.
The Army must ride the wave of technology or risk being left behind, cautioned Lt. Gen. Michael E. Williamson, the principal military deputy to the assistant secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology.
Consumer electronics are advancing at an incredibly rapid pace, with the average time to obsolescence of some devices as short as 24 months, he noted at a "Network Readiness in a Complex World" panel in July, he said.
Fortunately for Soldiers and the American people, Army researchers and scientists and industry partners made great strides in modernization in 2016. The following is a sampling of 10 of their top advancements and milestones.
30MM CANNON FOR STRYKER
The first prototype Stryker infantry carrier vehicle, outfitted with a 30-millimeter cannon, was delivered to the Army Oct. 27.
Recent Fallen Grads
- COL Charles Spieth Jr. USAF(Retired), USMA1943JUN: 20 Jun 1920 - 20 Mar 2017
- Mr. Paul S. Ache Jr., USMA1950: 07 Dec 1927 - 19 Mar 2017
- Mr. Jack Edmund Gerke, USMA1968: 04 Apr 1946 - 19 Mar 2017
- COL Millard H. Singleton USA (Retired), USMA1950: 21 Nov 1927 - 16 Mar 2017
- Mr. Julian P. Hunnicutt Jr. USA(Retired), USMA1949: 15 Jun 1927 - 15 Mar 2017
- LTC Cornell McKenzie USA (Retired), USMA1976: 07 Aug 1954 - 13 Mar 2017
- Mr. William H. Stuart, USMA1953: 12 Jun 1931 - 12 Mar 2017
- Honorable Edward B. Kime Jr., USMA1956: 16 Oct 1933 - 10 Mar 2017
- Mr. Jack D. Trawick, USMA1955: 17 Dec 1932 - 09 Mar 2017
- MG Joseph P. Franklin USA (Retired), USMA1955: 28 Aug 1933 - 08 Mar 2017
- COL James E. Walsh Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1959: 11 Jul 1936 - 08 Mar 2017
- MG Donald V. Rattan USA (Retired), USMA1945: 12 Sep 1924 - 08 Mar 2017
- LTC Michael R. Bridges USA, USMA1987: 06 Oct 1962 - 07 Mar 2017
- COL Robert C. Bacon USA (Retired), USMA1956: 14 Dec 1933 - 06 Mar 2017
- LTC Gerald L. Irwin USAF (Retired), USMA1956: 20 Apr 1933 - 05 Mar 2017
- COL Bickford E. Sawyer Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1945: 17 Oct 1922 - 05 Mar 2017
- COL Milton S. Newberry USA (Retired), USMA1959: 16 Jul 1937 - 04 Mar 2017
- LTC Ernest T. Hayes Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1950: 28 Oct 1927 - 28 Feb 2017
- COL Carroll H. Dunn Jr. USA(Retired), USMA1966: 11 Sep 1943 - 26 Feb 2017
- Dr. William A. Gager Jr., USMA1954: 20 Apr 1931 - 23 Feb 2017
- COL Richard H. Hansen USAF (Retired), USMA1956: 11 May 1934 - 22 Feb 2017
- BG Michael J. Tashjian USAF (Retired), USMA1948: 08 Dec 1925 - 22 Feb 2017
- COL Richard D. Garlick USA (Retired), USMA1958: 06 Nov 1932 - 21 Feb 2017
- LTC John C. Matousek USA (Retired), USMA1974: 15 Jun 1952 - 18 Feb 2017
- LTC William H. Schwoob USAF (Retired), USMA1950: 19 Oct 1927 - 18 Feb 2017
- COL Daniel J. Coonan III USAF (Retired), USMA1966: 10 Dec 1944 - 17 Feb 2017
- COL Robert B. Tully USA (Retired), USMA1946: 12 Nov 1923 - 16 Feb 2017
- Mr. Arthur W. Wild, USMA1954: 19 Jul 1930 - 14 Feb 2017
- Mr. John M. McClellan, USMA1970: 18 Aug 1948 - 12 Feb 2017
- LTG Harold G. "Hal" Moore, Jr USA (Retired), USMA1945: 13 Feb 1922 - 10 Feb 2017