Want This Page Wider?
Use the A+, A-, R, and <> or <-> buttons at the top right of this page to make the fonts bigger and smaller or switch between a fixed-width and fluid-width style to this web site.
In an effort to control spam, WP-ORG has implemented several blacklists that may be blocking your e-mail to a WP-ORG list or account. Click here
to fill out a trouble ticket.
How Can I Help WP-ORG?
- Donate to one of WP-ORG's semi-annual fund drives.
- Buy anything at Amazon.com through our Gradstore affilate program.
- Support our paid advertisers listed at our affiliates page.
- Send a message to
to inquire about advertising rates on WP-ORG.
Senator decries cuts of 4,350 soldiers in Georgia
On Wednesday, U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson, R-Ga., responded to the news of continued significant reductions in the size and capability of the U.S. Army.
In a release he noted that in a phone call Wednesday with Secretary of the Army John McHugh, Isakson learned that the reduction in Army forces includes cuts of 4,350 soldiers from military installations in Georgia as part of the Department of Defense's plans to reduce the Army nationwide by 40,000 soldiers, from the current level of 490,000 to 450,000 by the end of 2017.
Fort Stewart in Hinesville, Ga., will see a net loss of approximately 950 soldiers, and Fort Benning in Columbus, Ga., will see a net loss of 3,400 soldiers, the release said.
Additional cuts to the number of civilian personnel at military bases are expected but have not yet been announced by the Department of Defense.
"I am demanding answers from the Department of Defense on how they are justifying these troop cuts in Georgia. I have also taken steps to block a Senate vote on the president's nomination of a new congressional liaison for the Department of Defense in light of the Department's failure to give Congress a heads up before these cuts were made public," Isakson said.
Recent Fallen Grads
- COL Charles Spieth Jr. USAF(Retired), USMA1943JUN: 20 Jun 1920 - 20 Mar 2017
- Mr. Paul S. Ache Jr., USMA1950: 07 Dec 1927 - 19 Mar 2017
- Mr. Jack Edmund Gerke, USMA1968: 04 Apr 1946 - 19 Mar 2017
- COL Millard H. Singleton USA (Retired), USMA1950: 21 Nov 1927 - 16 Mar 2017
- Mr. Julian P. Hunnicutt Jr. USA(Retired), USMA1949: 15 Jun 1927 - 15 Mar 2017
- LTC Cornell McKenzie USA (Retired), USMA1976: 07 Aug 1954 - 13 Mar 2017
- Mr. William H. Stuart, USMA1953: 12 Jun 1931 - 12 Mar 2017
- Honorable Edward B. Kime Jr., USMA1956: 16 Oct 1933 - 10 Mar 2017
- Mr. Jack D. Trawick, USMA1955: 17 Dec 1932 - 09 Mar 2017
- MG Joseph P. Franklin USA (Retired), USMA1955: 28 Aug 1933 - 08 Mar 2017
- COL James E. Walsh Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1959: 11 Jul 1936 - 08 Mar 2017
- MG Donald V. Rattan USA (Retired), USMA1945: 12 Sep 1924 - 08 Mar 2017
- LTC Michael R. Bridges USA, USMA1987: 06 Oct 1962 - 07 Mar 2017
- COL Robert C. Bacon USA (Retired), USMA1956: 14 Dec 1933 - 06 Mar 2017
- LTC Gerald L. Irwin USAF (Retired), USMA1956: 20 Apr 1933 - 05 Mar 2017
- COL Bickford E. Sawyer Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1945: 17 Oct 1922 - 05 Mar 2017
- COL Milton S. Newberry USA (Retired), USMA1959: 16 Jul 1937 - 04 Mar 2017
- LTC Ernest T. Hayes Jr. USA (Retired), USMA1950: 28 Oct 1927 - 28 Feb 2017
- COL Carroll H. Dunn Jr. USA(Retired), USMA1966: 11 Sep 1943 - 26 Feb 2017
- Dr. William A. Gager Jr., USMA1954: 20 Apr 1931 - 23 Feb 2017
- COL Richard H. Hansen USAF (Retired), USMA1956: 11 May 1934 - 22 Feb 2017
- BG Michael J. Tashjian USAF (Retired), USMA1948: 08 Dec 1925 - 22 Feb 2017
- COL Richard D. Garlick USA (Retired), USMA1958: 06 Nov 1932 - 21 Feb 2017
- LTC John C. Matousek USA (Retired), USMA1974: 15 Jun 1952 - 18 Feb 2017
- LTC William H. Schwoob USAF (Retired), USMA1950: 19 Oct 1927 - 18 Feb 2017
- COL Daniel J. Coonan III USAF (Retired), USMA1966: 10 Dec 1944 - 17 Feb 2017
- COL Robert B. Tully USA (Retired), USMA1946: 12 Nov 1923 - 16 Feb 2017
- Mr. Arthur W. Wild, USMA1954: 19 Jul 1930 - 14 Feb 2017
- Mr. John M. McClellan, USMA1970: 18 Aug 1948 - 12 Feb 2017
- LTG Harold G. "Hal" Moore, Jr USA (Retired), USMA1945: 13 Feb 1922 - 10 Feb 2017