|Written by Mike Lyman|
|Tuesday, 14 March 2006|
USMA 87 Emailing Lists
We have two emailing lists established to keep in touch with each other. Both mailing lists have both a normal and a digest version. On the normal version you get the messages as they are sent. On the digest version you get the messages once a week or slightly more often if the traffic gets high.
These mailing lists are open to anybody that spent time with our class and are not limited to people that graduated with us. We even let one of our exchange squid on until his address went bad.
USMA1987 (the main list)
The USMA1987 mailing list is the class business list. It has the most members and has rules to minimize the traffic on it.
1) This is a moderated list but all members can post directly to the list. For the most part it is self moderated as long as people follow the rules below. Once in a while, the moderator will step in and shut things down if people break the rules.
2) This list is not a debating forum, for debates with our classmates see the usma1987-forum information below. Limited discussion is allowed but please limit it to informational posts that are of interest to most members.
3) This list is for announcement of interest to the class, birth announcements, wedding announcements, major life changes (career changes, big promotions, etc.).
5) This list is for class business.
6) Commercial announcements are only allowed if you are announcing something that you helped DEVELOP and are announcing it as a proud developer. Sales pitches are NOT allowed unless they are special offers for our class or USMA grads.
7) Specific job openings announcements are also allowed.
8) Before you post consider if your message will be offensive to other members. Remember many members receive the class email at work and many work places have policies about what employees can receive and view. If your message is not appropriate for a work environment, consider reaching the class through our Facebook group or Bugle Notes.
The USMA1987-FORUM is a pretty much anything goes debate forum. Rules are few and it's self moderating. It tends to see less traffic than the main list but since it is open to debats that can change very quickly. However, before you post consider if your message will be offensive to other members. Remember many members receive the class email at work and many work places have policies about what employees can receive and view. If your message is not appropriate for a work environment, consider reaching the class through our Facebook group or Bugle Notes.
Mailing List Archives
|Last Updated ( Friday, 08 January 2010 )|